Community Board #2 Regular Meeting March 3, 2011
Long Island City, New York February 27, 2011 -
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Comments by Public Officials/Guest Speakers (15 minutes for speaking time and to respond to questions).
- Presentation by Speaker Christine Quinn – State of the City
[Anyone interested in commenting on the following matters can sign-up to speak for three minutes at the Public Hearing)
CITY PLANNING APPLICATION
SUNNYSIDE / WOODSIDE REZONING (110207 ZMQ, 11208 ZRQ, 110209 ZRQ) – CITY PLANNING HAS UNDERTAKEN THE REZONING OF THE SUNNYSIDE / WOODSIDE AREA. THE STUDY AREA CONSISTS OF APPROXIMATELY 130 BLOCKS, AND 2,800 LOTS. IT IS GENERALLY BOUNDED BY 39TH STREET TO THE BROOKLYN QUEENS EXPRESSWAY (BQE) FROM WEST TO EAST AND FROM BROADWAY TO THE LONG ISLAND EXPRESSWAY / BQE FROM NORTH TO SOUTH. THE REZONING AREA IS ROUGHLY BOUNDED BY THE SUNNYSIDE RAIL YARD, 37TH AVENUE, THE BQE, THE NY CONNECTING RAILROAD, 72ND STREET, WOODSIDE, ROOSEVELT AND 48TH AVENUES, AND 39TH STREET. THE AREA IS SERVED BY THE #7 TRAIN ON AN ELEVATED LINE ABOVE QUEENS BLVD AND ROOSEVELT AVE, THE G, R. AMD V SUBWAY LINES ALONG BROADWAY AND ELEVEN MTA BUS LINES. THE AREA ALSO HAS SEVERAL IMPORTANT COMMERCIAL CORRIDORS, INCLUDING QUEENS BLVD, GREENPOINT AVENUE, AND ROOSEVELT AVENUE.
LAND MARK PRESERVATION ( LPC) APPLICATION
IN THE MATTER OF A LPC APPLICATION LOCATED AT 21-27 45TH AVENUE, LONG ISLAND CITY, APPLICANT IS APPLYING FOR A RENOVATION OF WINDOWS.
Community Public Comment (3 minute limit per person). Sign-in sheets available at the meeting.
- Approval of Minutes
- Chairperson’s Report
- District Manager’s Report
- City Planning Report
- COMMITTEE REPORTS:
· Environment Committee [3 minutes]
· Transportation Committee [3 minutes]
· Land Use Committee [3 minutes]
o Vote on LPC application located at 21-27 45th Avenue, Long Island City.
· Health & Human Services Committee [3 minutes]
· City Services & Public Safety Committee [3 minutes]