Long Island City, NY November 5, 2012 -
The full services and financial assistance provided by FEMA are describe in clear detail in a document published in 2008. Help After a Disaster is a 30 page document containing the following:
- Your Civil Rights in Disaster Assistance
- Disaster Assistance Process
- Program Eligibility
- Types of Eligibile Losses
- Important Information About Disaster Help
- If You are Eligible for Help
- Information About Insurance and Disaster Help
- I Want to Have My Case Revieewed Again
- Rebuilding and Repairing
- Information about Additional Disaster Assistance Programs
- Description of Inelligible Reasons
The document states clearly that by law, FEMA assistance does not apply to businesses. It refers businesses to the SBA which has a Disaster Relief Loan Program.
Other forms of financial assistance are presented, including Emergency Unemployment Assistance for people who normally do not qualify for unemployment such as self employed people who have lost ability to generate income because of the disaster.
OurLIC makes Help After a Disaster available for those people who need assistance and those who are helping others .