Long Island City, NY November 19, 2009 -
Hunters Point South Open Spaces Project was presented at a Public Hearing by Josh Wallack, Office of the Deputy Mayor along with representatives NYC Economic Development Corporation, (EDC), and New York City Parks Department. Members of the community had an opportunity to respond, express support and concerns, and ask questions. Additional comments from Kathy Nolan (State Representative) were presented and read into the record.
- Largest Middle Income Housing Development Since the 1970's.
- Tranform largely vacant land along the East River in Long Island City.
- Create 4,600 jobs, Catalyze more than $2 Billion in private investment
- School Planned in conjunction with SCA serving 1,100 intermediate and high scool students to open in 20013.
- 100,000 sq. ft. of neighborhood and national retail space.
Full Video of the Public Hearing is presented in 13 segments in the left column. Additional segments are being loaded.
New York City Economic Development Corporation has made the presentation available as a pdf file at:
Community Board November 19, 2009 Presentation
Projects and Opportunities >> Queens >> Hunters Point South